PRODUCT(s): LED technology – lamps, luminaires and bespoke lighting solutions
AUDIENCE(s): Professional Installers/Specifiers, Wholesalers and Lighting Designers
HOW WE HELPED ELEVATE THE BRAND…
Smart Thinking: Workshop (sales/marketing), new brand positioning statement, media planning (print/online).
Advertising: trade media (display & advertorials)
Design: Brand refresh, templates, case studies
Digital: Website content management, eshots and social media
Exhibitions: LuxLive, EcoBuild, ELEX Roadshows
Content Marketing: Feature articles, product launches, case studies, thought-leadership articles, industry awards
CHALLENGE: The LED sector is crowded, populated with a mixture of long-established big lighting brands and numerous small/medium sized companies.
Like Kosnic, many of the SMEs are focused on product innovation and development – so how do you ‘stand out’ from the rest and convince clients to give you a second look?
SOLUTION: A workshop followed by individual meetings with key members of the business quickly identified areas for both refinement and improvement:
The campaign started with:
• A review of the Kosnic brand including the logo.
• The creation of a new tagline to make a clear statement of intent to the market about Kosnic’s strength in product innovation: ‘a touch of brilliance’.
• Fresh brand templates were also created for various media channels: print and online advertising, collateral support
• Increased awareness and engagement were delivered through an integrated PR and online/print advertising programme across all relevant trade titles/social.
• Case studies were created on high profile projects and ran as advertorials within the lighting press.
• Entry into Industry Awards to promote Kosnic’s expertise in product development.
• Other activities include exhibiting at LuxLive and arranging a seminar speaker spot for MD, WenTao Kuang, who ran a session on ‘Driver-on-Board Technology’
RESULTS: Awareness of Kosnic Lighting was dramatically increased through winning the coveted title of ‘Innovative Product of the Year (Lamps & Luminaires)’ at the Electrical Industry Awards 2015, run by Electrical Times Magazine.
Kosnic has seen an increase in quotations for lighting design projects
More wholesalers have taken stock due to the level of sales/marketing support
Trade Editors have proactively invited Kosnic to submit content for future magazine features